Apr 30, 2018

another pair of pairfect

I just wrote yesterday about a pair of pairfect. And now I have anonther pair. Well, actually I am not that quick of a knitter, but since the previous pair was ready already a week or so ago, this pair was knit during last week. Both pairs of socks were done as a present to our friends.


pattern: school-learned basic socks, more about the pattern here

needles: 2,5 mm + 2 mm Chiagoo circular

yarn: 
Schachenmayr Regia Parifect
color: jolster (09091)
75% virgin wool
25% polyamide
420m /100g (fingering or light fingering)

The yarn makes ornament of its own and from one skein is enough for a pair of identical socks up to the size of European 46-47, thus the name of the yarn, "Pairfect".

consumption for size 41-43:
85g - 357 m

knittability: 
It is a very easy knit for basic socks. The skein comes with the instruction and one does get a pair of similar basic socks. Because the yarn has ornament of its own, it is not suitable for other pattern. Well, stripes would work. But I do not think that any other would.

wearability: 
The socks are nice and thin. However, I've got holes quite quick with my first pair of similar socks. But other pair I've used has aged without holes quite nicely.


No comments:

Post a Comment